AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is the well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Free is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product!
Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high-level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Free is easy-to-use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements).
Features of AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013:
· Automatic update functionality
· The AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run
· The AVG E-mail Scanner, which protects your e-mail
· The AVG On-Demand Scanner, which allows the user to perform scheduled and manual tests
· Free Virus Database Updates for the lifetime of the product
· AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files
· Great customer satisfaction!
Is AVG Free right for you?
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only. Use of AVG Free Edition within any organization or for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. Your use of AVG Free Edition shall be in accordance with and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the AVG Free Edition License Agreement which accompanies AVG Free Edition.
What's New in AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013 :
· AvgSys: Fixed issue with blocked scanning launch on file systems with limited capabilities.
· Core: Fixed issue with crash while scanning corrupted *.chm file.
· E-mail Scanner: Fixed IMAP parsing problem.
· E-mail Scanner: Readjusted timing of the 'start e-mail scanning' pop-up notification.
· E-mail Scanner: Fixed Earthlink SpamBlocker issue.
· E-mail Scanner: Fixed problem with adding date-time to editing field.
· E-mail Scanner: Fixed freenet.de mail download problems (added POP3 command).
· E-mail Scanner: Fixed problem with e-mail scanning on x64 platforms.
· Safe Search: Added support for Firefox v4.
· Safe Search: Fixed issue with Internet Explorer crash due to Safe Search.
· Safe Search: Fixed issue with excessive delay in form completion using roboform.
· Setup: AVG client setup is able to preset languages installed in previous version (AVG 9 or AVG 8.5).
· Setup: Fixed issue with installation on computers where Windows were not on C: drive.
· Setup: Fixed NDIS driver installation issue with damaged INF cache in Windows.
· Setup: Decreased disk space requirements for backup of setup files.
· Setup: AVG requires less disk space after installation.
· Setup: Failure of previous AVG version uninstallation is properly reported.
· Setup: Fixed problem with repeatedly required system restart during upgrade from an older AVG version to AVG 2011.
· Setup: In case of online installation fail an error report containing basic data about the issue is sent to AVG for further analysis.
· Toolbar: New version of toolbar implemented.
· Update: Fixed malfunction caused by turning off computer during program update.
· Update: Fixed issue with update fail caused by processing of flags received from update server.
Have had AVG Free for a long time. Not too much trouble until I got AVG 10 - 2011 version.
As someone else said, its ALWAYS running something in the background and sometimes I have to just pull the plug and start over - so frustrating.
Now its telling me I have to update to 2013 and Im totally scared to or the computer might quit entirely. There must be a better way...
- Rating: 3
- Posted by: Bonzer
- Date: 28 Oct 2012
Avg is basically the best antivirus i have ever used. It is user friendly and doesnt contradicts with other computer properties.
AVG is very good but I have had to uninstall it. It slowed my computer down so much, I couldnt play games couldnt watch videos on youtube without it crawling to a standstill
Its the best of its kind, there is no other Anti virus like AVG. I have never lost anything to virus for the past four and a half years now. Simply Unbeatable.
I be having avg for about 2years and this it great for my windows 7 ultimate thums up
- Rating: 5
- Posted by: kelvin
- Date: 31 Dec 2011