AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is one of the best free security products available and it can be used without limitations in non-commercial environments.
Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high-level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers.
It provides superior detection rates for all kind of malwares: viruses, worms, trojans, backdoors, rootkits, adware, spyware, etc.
AVG Resident Shield takes care of the hard part: protecting your operating system in realtime against any kind of threat. On-demand scanner lets you verify your computer’s security from time to time and Email scanner protects your every email from malicious attachments.
Link protection scans web, Twitter and Facebook links and report possibly infected or dangerous websites. File Shredder securely deletes files that you no longer need and prevent unwanted snooping.
You receive free lifetime virus definitions updates and free upgrades to future versions of the program.
What's New in AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2014 :
· AvgSys: Fixed issue with blocked scanning launch on file systems with limited capabilities.
· Core: Fixed issue with crash while scanning corrupted *.chm file.
· E-mail Scanner: Fixed IMAP parsing problem.
· E-mail Scanner: Readjusted timing of the 'start e-mail scanning' pop-up notification.
· E-mail Scanner: Fixed Earthlink SpamBlocker issue.
· E-mail Scanner: Fixed problem with adding date-time to editing field.
· E-mail Scanner: Fixed freenet.de mail download problems (added POP3 command).
· E-mail Scanner: Fixed problem with e-mail scanning on x64 platforms.
· Safe Search: Added support for Firefox v4.
· Safe Search: Fixed issue with Internet Explorer crash due to Safe Search.
· Safe Search: Fixed issue with excessive delay in form completion using roboform.
· Setup: AVG client setup is able to preset languages installed in previous version (AVG 9 or AVG 8.5).
· Setup: Fixed issue with installation on computers where Windows were not on C: drive.
· Setup: Fixed NDIS driver installation issue with damaged INF cache in Windows.
· Setup: Decreased disk space requirements for backup of setup files.
· Setup: AVG requires less disk space after installation.
· Setup: Failure of previous AVG version uninstallation is properly reported.
· Setup: Fixed problem with repeatedly required system restart during upgrade from an older AVG version to AVG 2011.
· Setup: In case of online installation fail an error report containing basic data about the issue is sent to AVG for further analysis.
· Toolbar: New version of toolbar implemented.
· Update: Fixed malfunction caused by turning off computer during program update.
· Update: Fixed issue with update fail caused by processing of flags received from update server.
If people are having problems with AVG its your computer or not enough RAM if you are running games.
- Rating: 5
- Posted by: shiri
- Date: 25 Sep 2013
IT IS NOT FREE IF YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Rating: 5
- Posted by: x
- Date: 23 Mar 2013
Have had AVG Free for a long time. Not too much trouble until I got AVG 10 - 2011 version.
As someone else said, its ALWAYS running something in the background and sometimes I have to just pull the plug and start over - so frustrating.
Now its telling me I have to update to 2013 and Im totally scared to or the computer might quit entirely. There must be a better way...
- Rating: 3
- Posted by: Bonzer
- Date: 28 Oct 2012
Avg is basically the best antivirus i have ever used. It is user friendly and doesnt contradicts with other computer properties.
AVG is very good but I have had to uninstall it. It slowed my computer down so much, I couldnt play games couldnt watch videos on youtube without it crawling to a standstill