CloneSpy is a special software that will find and eliminate every duplicate file it finds.
You have almost certainly downloaded many files from the internet in different computer locations and you forgot about them. You’ve transferred photos or videos to your computer and than copied them again.
Your clone files take space on your hard-disk and you could easily get rid of them using a specialized software.
Duplicate files have exactly the same contents regardless of their name, date, time and location.
CloneSpy can also identify files with the same name, but different content (versions of the same software downloaded, etc) and also zero bytes long files.
Different options are offered with the program: you can delete redundant files, move them to one single location, export a list of them or even replace clones with shortcuts to retained files.
Another interesting and very useful feature is to build a checksum file indexing everything you have on a removable disc, used than to see whether these files already exist on your system.
What's New in CloneSpy 3.13:
- Fixed: Directory symbolic links whose target starts immediately with a directory are now recognized.
- Fixed: Directory symbolic links whose target starts with a backslash are now resolved correctly.
- Fixed: The View CSC-file window no longer confuses properties of files with the same path.
- Fixed: The controls in the View CSC-file window is now wide enough to display the file properties.
- Fixed: The context help now works correctly for the Options button in the Main window.