Crypto-Lock is a program that will encrypt your files. Think of Crypto-Lock as a secure safe that lets you carry sensitive information around and can be unlocked only with the correct password.
The password you entered during encryption is processed with SHA-1 if it is less than 36 characters long. The resultant key is then used to encrypt either part of the file(minimum encryption) or the whole file (maximum encryption). For both encryptions, the part to be encrypted is compressed first to deter cryptoanalysis. With the random values used in CBC mode, the encrypted file produced everytime is different for the same original file using the same password. The output of the Crypto-Lock will either be a self-decrypting file (SDF) or an encrypted module (*.pri). Think of Crypto-Lock as a secure safe that lets you carry sensitive information around and can be unlocked only with the correct password.
Features of Crypto-Lock 2.02 :
· Original file can be backed up
· Shell extension is available for the encrypted modules (*.pri)
· Decrypted executables are activated automatically and are overwritten and deleted after they are closed.
· Error checking to make sure that the name of the encrypted file is different from the original file.
· Resolved bug where encrypted module verifier cannot handle directories with spaces.
· Added contact information in help file.
· Code optimisation.