ESET Smart Security is the first representative of a new approach to truly integrated computer security. It utilizes the speed and precision of ESET NOD32 Antivirus, which is guaranteed by the most recent version of the ThreatSense scanning engine, combined with the tailor‑made Personal firewall and Antispam modules. The result is an intelligent system that is constantly on alert for attacks and malicious software endangering your computer.
ESET Smart Security is not a clumsy conglomerate of various products in one package, as offered by other vendors. It is the result of a long‑term effort to combine maximum protection with minimum system footprint. The advanced technologies, based on artificial intelligence, are capable of proactively eliminating infiltration by viruses, spyware, trojan horses, worms, adware, rootkits, and other Internet‑borne attacks without hindering system performance or disrupting your computer.
ESET Smart Security delivers proactive protection against new attacks during the critical hours when other vendors' products are not aware a new attack even exists. ESET Smart Security also blocks spam and includes a personal two-way firewall.
Features of ESET Smart Security 7.0 :
• Smarter Scanner – Threats don't always enter in ways you expect. ESET Smart Security inspects SSL-encrypted communication channels like HTTPS and POP3S, and intelligently scans compressed files to find threats that other products miss. ESET's Smart Optimization feature makes file scanning faster than ever.
• Time-saving Firewall – New Learning Mode saves time by automatically creating firewall rules by observing how end users use the network, while offering advanced firewall modes for power users. Pair customized firewall profiles with trusted network zones and have appropriate firewall rules applied automatically based on detected network presence.
• Trusted Zone Authentication – Identify trusted network zones by network configurations (a configurable combination of host/DNS/DHCP server IP address, wireless SSID, connection profile, etc) or securely authenticate into a network using ESET Authentication Server.
• Upgraded Antispam – ESET Smart Security now takes care of annoying spam with a smaller, faster, and even more effective spam filter.
• Removable Media Security – Threats can enter your PC from removable media such as USB thumb drives. For self-running media, ESET Smart Security scans autorun.inf and associated files when the medium is inserted, in addition to scanning any file on any removable device when it is accessed, or during a full-scan of the media.
• System Tools – ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue simplify diagnosing and cleaning of infected systems by allowing deep scans of system processes to find hidden threats, and creating bootable rescue CD/DVD or USB drives to help you repair an infected computer.
• Self Defense – ESET Smart Security has built-in technology to prevent malicious software from corrupting or disabling it, so you can rest assured your system is always protected.
What's New in ESET Smart Security 7.0 :
• Antivirus improvements
- The removable media blocking module used in versions 5 and 6 of ESET products has been replaced with a more advanced Device control module. Device control allows you to scan, block or adjust extended filters and permissions and select how users can access and work with devices including disk storage, CD/DVD-ROM and FireWire storage devices.
• HIPS improvements
- The updated HIPS module In ESET Smart Security 7 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 includes the Advanced memory scanner, which is designed to strengthen the protection against modern malware. In an effort to evade detection, malware writers extensively use file obfuscation or/and encryption.
• Firewall improvements
- ESET Smart Security 7 now includes the Vulnerability shield extension of firewall that improves detection of known vulnerabilities on the network level.
• Anti-phishing improvements
- Anti-phishing in ESET Smart Security 7 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 includes improved blocking of scam websites with questionable reputations or that include potentially unwanted content.
• Submission of files and websites for analysis to ESET
- Enhancements to the Submit a sample for analysis feature allow users to categorize the URL of a Suspicious site as possibly infected, phishing or scam. Users can also submit a False positive site if a secure website is being blocked for no reason or for incorrect reasons.
• Changes in MSI installation
- ESET Smart Security 7 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 include improved speed and reliability of installation and a modified user interface when installing offline. The automatic initial scan will run 20 minutes after installation or restart to scan a computer for malware.
• Improved compatibility
- ESET Smart Security 7 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 including ESET SysRescue and notifications in Metro UI are fully functional on Windows 8.
• Minor changes
- Gamer mode has been moved from the Tools tree to the Computer tree in Advanced setup.
- String changes to improve readability, usability and user experience.