ESET Smart Security is the first representative of a new approach to truly integrated computer security. It utilizes the speed and precision of ESET NOD32 Antivirus, which is guaranteed by the most recent version of the ThreatSense scanning engine, combined with the tailor‑made Personal firewall and Antispam modules. The result is an intelligent system that is constantly on alert for attacks and malicious software endangering your computer.
ESET Smart Security is not a clumsy conglomerate of various products in one package, as offered by other vendors. It is the result of a long‑term effort to combine maximum protection with minimum system footprint. The advanced technologies, based on artificial intelligence, are capable of proactively eliminating infiltration by viruses, spyware, trojan horses, worms, adware, rootkits, and other Internet‑borne attacks without hindering system performance or disrupting your computer.
ESET Smart Security delivers proactive protection against new attacks during the critical hours when other vendors' products are not aware a new attack even exists. ESET Smart Security also blocks spam and includes a personal two-way firewall.
Features of ESET Smart Security 7.0 :
• Smarter Scanner – Threats don't always enter in ways you expect. ESET Smart Security inspects SSL-encrypted communication channels like HTTPS and POP3S, and intelligently scans compressed files to find threats that other products miss. ESET's Smart Optimization feature makes file scanning faster than ever.
• Time-saving Firewall – New Learning Mode saves time by automatically creating firewall rules by observing how end users use the network, while offering advanced firewall modes for power users. Pair customized firewall profiles with trusted network zones and have appropriate firewall rules applied automatically based on detected network presence.
• Trusted Zone Authentication – Identify trusted network zones by network configurations (a configurable combination of host/DNS/DHCP server IP address, wireless SSID, connection profile, etc) or securely authenticate into a network using ESET Authentication Server.
• Upgraded Antispam – ESET Smart Security now takes care of annoying spam with a smaller, faster, and even more effective spam filter.
• Removable Media Security – Threats can enter your PC from removable media such as USB thumb drives. For self-running media, ESET Smart Security scans autorun.inf and associated files when the medium is inserted, in addition to scanning any file on any removable device when it is accessed, or during a full-scan of the media.
• System Tools – ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue simplify diagnosing and cleaning of infected systems by allowing deep scans of system processes to find hidden threats, and creating bootable rescue CD/DVD or USB drives to help you repair an infected computer.
• Self Defense – ESET Smart Security has built-in technology to prevent malicious software from corrupting or disabling it, so you can rest assured your system is always protected.
What's New in ESET Smart Security 6.0.306.0 :
• Rollback previous virus signature database
· If you suspect that a virus signature database or product module update may be unstable or corrupt, you can roll back to the previous version and disable updates for a set period of time.
• Improved Anti-Phishing protection
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus will display a warning notification with several options when a web browser attempts to access websites or domains catalogued in the ESET malware database.
• Regular full scan
· For increased security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 6 can regularly perform a full scan of your computer during idle time. The scan is optimized not to run when the computer is operating on battery power.
· Regular full scans help detect inactive threats on the computer and improve ESET cloud information about known and unknown threats or files.
• Scanning improvements of downloaded files
· In previous versions, files downloaded from the internet were scanned by ESET only after they were completely downloaded. ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 6 scans specific file types (e.g. archives) during the download process so that the user does not have to wait until after the download process for files to be scanned.
• Unified application notifications
· The design and layout of all notification windows has been unified across version 6.