Emsisoft Anti-Malware – is the succesor for "a-squared Anti-Malware" and "a-squared Free".
It offers premium anti-malware protection thanks to its dual-engine scanner: BitDefender and Emsisoft own engine. During the last period it received numerous awards from independent testing institutes like av-test.org and av-comparatives.org proving its high detection rates.
Right after installation it runs as a free 30 days full trial with realtime protection against malware of all kind: viruses, worms, backdoors, trojans, rootkits, spyware, etc. After that, you can either purchase a license or run in free mode, which offers only on-demand scanner and no protection while running suspicious files.
Emsisoft has three layers of protection: File Guard – monitoring every file that you access or modify, Behavior Blocker – alerts when something suspicious is found on your computer and Surf Protection – blocks infected and phishing websites.
This dual-engine product uses more system resources than an average security product, but it offers solid protection instead, having a friendly and easy to use interface.
What's New in Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2017 :
- New: Brand new permissions system which provides much easier administration of different user permissions.
- Improved: Speed of scans.
- Improved: Automatic Update now runs after exit of Game mode, if an update was skipped while Game mode was on.
- Improved: Performance of importing hosts files for Surf Protection.
- Improved: Integration with RRM partners.
- Improved: Display of the Anti-Malware Network rating in alert details.
- Improved: Performance of Quarantining detected threats.
- Improved: Minor GUI improvements.
superb gui and scanning speed. very light and resource frendly
- Posted by:
26 Jan 2012