Jetico Personal Firewall represents an additional layer of protection to your computer and filters all your network traffic, both inbound and outbound in order to prevent hacker attacks.
The program’s interface is structured into several tabs with settings for each of them: network traffic, applications, log, group, configuration.
The first tab shows you the traffic summary and lets you see if something suspicious takes place.
Applications tab is a process manager-like window, but more detailed and shows application’s vendor, ID, number of connections, bytes sent or received, etc. You can view properties for each process and terminate it, if you don’t recognize it.
Under Groups tab you can set allowed or blocked IP addresses and applications and define some other trusted zones for your PC network: system processes, web browsers, etc.
Everytime an application tries to make a suspicious connection, the user is alerted to take the best action.
Under Configuration tab, one can find advanced settings meant for experience users only in general. As a general setting, you can choose between three security policies: allow all, block all and optimal protection.
What's New in Jetico Personal Firewall 2.1.0 :
- Jetico Personal Firewall is now compatible with ESET NOD32 on 64-bit Windows systems.
- Added Windows 8 compatibility.
- Hungarian Translation created by Rad Aeneas László.
- Eliminated "Could not connect to firewall server" problem after third-party program installation.
- Improved drivers' stability.
What's New in Jetico Personal Firewall 188.8.131.52 :
- Occasional problem of unloading firewall user interface module at shutdown time in Windows NT 4.0 is fixed.