Kaspersky Internet Security is a comprehensive computer defense system from all types of electronic threats, such as malware, hacker exploits, spam, rootkits, spyware, phishing messages, persistent popup ads, etc.
In addition to the Anti-Viruses, the application includes a new generation personal Firewall, a Proactive Defense component offering protection from unknown threats, a Privacy Control component providing protection from Internet fraud, and an Anti-Spam component which filters out unsolicited emails.
Kaspersky Internet Security Version includes a number of improvements which expand its functionality and the level of protection significantly. Thus, the new Parental Control module monitors users' browsing activity and blocks access to web resources containing violence, pornography, promotion of drugs or limits time online. The Confidential Data Protection module of the Privacy Control component prevents theft of important information, such as, email addresses, passwords, banking information, and credit card numbers.
Even with the added functionality and comprehensive protection, controlling the Kaspersky Internet Security application has become even simpler and more convenient: a beginner would be able to select an application installation type and a protection mode to suit his or her needs from the provided list of options.
Kaspersky Internet Security was initially developed for the new Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. It is fully compatible both with the 32 and the 64-bit versions of the operating system. The product interface follows the style of Microsoft Windows Vista and integrates naturally with its graphic environment.
Features of Kaspersky Internet Security :
• The Best Anti-Virus Protection
· Ranked #1 for anti-virus detection
· The industry's fastest response time to new Internet threats
· Standard automated hourly anti-virus updates (Tiny at ~50 Kb each!)
· The most monthly updates available
· Real-time e-mail, file and web scanning for safe surfing
• Robust Spyware Protection
· #1 in spyware & adware detection
· Prevents rootkits and keyloggers from stealing personal data
· Automatically removes hidden spyware
· Detects unauthorized activity & probes
· Blocks unwanted pop-ups & banners
• Anti-Hacker Protection
· Fully integrated personal firewall
· New generation Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (IDS/IPS)
· Privacy controls protect passwords and confidential data
· Parental controls limit online time and access to forbidden sites (with tracking)
· Stealth mode to remain invisible online
• Anti-Spam Protection
· Sophisticated self-learning system
· Robust phishing protection against identity theft
· E-mail header previewing before down-loading messages
· Blacklist and whitelists for addresses and phrases
· Analysis of graphics in spam
• Impressive System Performance
· The least processor, memory and bandwidth resources required
· Rapid iSwiftT and iCheckerT virus scanning for accelerated performance
· Automatic balancing of scan speeds with increased user activity
· Ideal for instant messaging and WiFi
• Minimize Any Downtime
· Easy-to-create rescue disk instantly restores your system if damaged
· Rapidly rollback any malicious changes including restoring encrypted data
What's New in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 :
• Improvements :
· Support for Microsoft Windows 8 has been added.
· Postponed launch of Kaspersky Anti-Virus at the startup of the operating system has been implemented in order to reduce the operating system's booting time.
· A module for blocking dangerous websites has been added to Web Anti-Virus, which replaces an already loaded suspicious or phishing website with a page showing a danger warning in case the page's status is defined after it is loaded.
· The application's impact on the operating system's performance has been reduced; the amount of computer resources consumed by the application has also been reduced. Particularly, the application's impact on the booting and closing time of the operating system has been reduced, as well as on the time expended by the system for switching to waiting mode and sleep mode and on the speed of downloading files and loading web pages on the Internet.
· A Metro-style application named Kaspersky Now has been released for Microsoft Windows 8. Kaspersky Now delivers news from the website securelist.com to keep you informed of all crucial events in the domain of data security and warn you of emerging virus outbreaks. If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus installed on your computer, Kaspersky Now displays the current protection status of your computer and allows running the main components of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, such as Scan, Update, Parental Control, and others.
Kaspersky was always the best internet security,,i am using it since 2009,,and it never ever let me down,,,except the slow update.
- Rating: 4
- Posted by: John Cena
- Date: 14 Aug 2012
i am using it from about 3-4 years. it did a great job. it is the best antivirus
- Rating: 5
- Posted by: bhau
- Date: 7 Jul 2012
I used kaspersky internet security in my laptop for the last 2 years. Good one. The only problem was that it slows down the down load accelerators and browsers at start. Yet again, when I uninstalled it and installed Norton Internet security trial version, it found seven VIRUS Trojans on preliminary scan.
- Rating: 5
- Posted by: Vinod
- Date: 7 Jan 2012
I am using the Kaspersky for the past 3 years. This the best software for beginner as well for the experts. You can blindly install this without any second thought and rest all safety is assured. This is one of the best investment you can do for your safe browing.
- Rating: 5
- Posted by: Prasanna
- Date: 6 Jun 2011
kaspersky detected a worm that no other antivirus i used did...thanx kaspersky for my computer is now safe....
- Rating: 5
- Posted by: josh
- Date: 27 Feb 2011