Kerio Personal Firewall (KPF) helps users control how their computers exchange data with other computers on the Internet or local network.
Kerio Personal Firewall is a necessity for all desktop computers connected to broadband Internet, using DSL, cable, ISDN, WiFi or satellite modems.
Within an organization, Kerio Personal Firewall prevents a single computer from attacks initiated by internal users. Remote workstations and laptops running KPF are protected from Internet born attacks.
Features of Kerio Personal Firewall 4.6 :
· Blocks all externally originated IP traffic.
· Automatic stealth mode renders the desktop invisible to potential intruders.
· Automatically blocks all pop-up windows and banner ads.
· Detects break-in attempts by infamous hacker tools.
· Connections dialog clearly displays each application's activity at any given moment.
· Residing on each desktop computer, Kerio Personal Firewall allows advanced users or network administrators to create packet filter rules that block or limit traffic for specific ports, protocols, or IP addresses, adding a level of control and security found in sophisticated network firewalls. Rules are based on the needs of individual users and the overall security requirements of the organization.
· Scanning for sensitive information, blocking pop-up windows, filtering out on-line banner ads, and restricting cookies and spyware programs that track browsing habits are functions of KPF that reduce the risk of identity theft and help make surfing the Internet much more pleasant.
What's New in Kerio Personal Firewall 4.6 :
· Corrected issue in which registration fails when firewall is enabled.
· Significant improvement in network performance when web filtering is enabled.
· Enhanced Process Injection prevention to prevent code inject attempts into Windows system DLLs.
· Corrected numerous application crashes in the firewall service.
· Corrected various crashes in assist.exe
· Corrected issue in which setting password and checking for update does not cancel authentication form.
· Corrected issue in which binary data appeared in logs.
· Significant improvement in product stability.
· Kerio Personal Firewall is FREE for home and personal use.
· For home users, Kerio Personal Firewall 4 is available in two flavors - the full edition and the limited free edition. After installation, Kerio Personal Firewall works as the full edition for 30 days, after which it becomes the limited free edition. Limited free edition does not provide the content filtering capabilities such as blocking pop-up windows, ads, VB scripts, cookies, etc. and other extra features.
firewall version 4.2.0 not usable in its current form. Has serious compatibility issues with some of Microsoft products (e.g. Office 2003). Released before fully tested!!
- Posted by:
20 Aug 2005