Key Folder is a secure password management software that helps you organize and store your passwords and other sensitive information you do not want other people to get access to.
You can store all kinds of information like web site accounts, e-mail accounts, PIN codes, bank account information, credit card numbers, software license/registration codes and other data that you want to keep secure and have easy access to.
You can organize your information into custom folders and categories, copy usernames and passwords to the clipboard and search for specific entries. Another handy feature is that Key Folder allows you to associate multiple website or email links with an entry, which makes it easy to jump to specific pages or to contact support staff associate with the account. Key Folder also includes automatic backup and restore, import data, export data, a password generator, password expiration, drag and drop support and more.
With Key Folder you only have to remember one password, the one to Key Folder. All your data is Blowfish encrypted when saved to disk with a 128-bits encryption key generated from the user name and password using MD5 hash algorithm.
Features of Key Folder 1.22:
· Group your data in folders using a tree view structure
· All sensitive data is encrypted when saved to disk
· Associate multiple website or email links to every entry
· Drag and drop passwords and user names to other applications like Internet Explorer
· Automatic and manually backup and restore of user files
· Import and export of data using XML, CSV (comma or semicolon delimited) and text (tab delimited) file formats
· Keeps track when passwords are about to expire
· Support for multiple users, every user has his/her own encrypted file protected with his/her own username, password and an automatically generated encryption key
· Configurable one common location for all users encrypted data files, good if you use the application in a network environment and want to put the user files on a network disk
· Configurable password generator
· Configurable and powerful search function
What's New in Key Folder 1.22:
· Possibility to sort items and folders.
· Menu item and keyboard shortcut for "Collapse All" and "Sort All".
· If an item/user name/password is selected in the tree view and the enter key is pressed the edit item windows is opened.
· Edit item, options and find windows can now be closed with Enter (Ok) and Esc (Cancel) key.
· Copy user name and password to clipboard did not work if password or user name sub item was selected.
· Delete key did not work when renaming an item.
· Check if application already running on start did not work.
· On some machines an error occurred when trying to check/set registry for "Launch on startup" option.
· Problem with register window.