Essential exploit protection for browsers and applications
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free brings an additional layer of security to your existing security products installed, like antivirus, firewall, etc.
It will guard against exploits of any kind targeting a various set of programs installed on your computer.
An exploit is a malicious code executed, that will take advantage of some vulnerabilities or flaws in a software and use them in order to produce harm to a target computer.
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit offers a simple user interface divided into several tabs: general, shields, logs, exclusions, about. It can safeguard Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Java, Adobe Acrobat, Foxit Reader, Microsoft Office products, VLC Media Player, etc.
You can add exclusions for selected applications and every activity is recorded into the log section.
The program is very light on system resources and easy to use, but effective in protecting your computer.
What's New in Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 1.09 :
• New Features:
- Hardened and more secure API hooking framework
- Added self-protection mechanisms
- Added sandbox technique for Silverlight
- Added Layer3 techniques against Macro exploits
- Added Layer3 techniques against social engineering exploits
- Added Java advanced configuration options for companies
- Added dynamic configuration feature to manage conflicts
- Added support for MS Play Ready
- Changed balloon notification to off by default
- Remove Run entry during uninstallation
- Fixed conflict with Symantec DLP
- Fixed conflict with Chinese banking software
- Fixed conflict with Office TabLoader
- Fixed conflict with Kobil mIdentity software
- Fixed false positive with Adobe and .NET modules
- Fixed issue when adding invalid custom shield