Malwarebytes Anti-Malware offers an impressive detection and cleaning technology and it’s a very popular product among internet users.
It usually comes to rescue when traditional antivirus software doesn’t detect or can’t clean heavily infected machines. It can efficiently remove trojans, spyware, adware and worms, but it can also handle worms and other malware types.
The free version comes with on-demand scanner only while the Premium version has realtime protection, scheduled scans, malicious website blocking and removable disks scanner.
This software has three scanning options: Threat Scan, Custom Scan and Hyper Scan, which checks for active infections only and quickly removes them. The last option is premium only.
Custom scan on the other hand is very useful for advanced users, and you can define which area on your system you want to be scanned: either a drive, system memory, registry, startup objects or rootkits.
It has context-menu integration in Windows, for a faster scan and it is updated on a daily basis. It has full compatibility with any other security software installed on your computer and supports all Windows versions starting with 2000, ending with Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Its powerful signatures engine is doubled by a recently enhanced advanced heuristic engine that boosts its detection capabilities.
What's New in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.0.5 :
• Performance/protective capability:
- Added signature-less anti-exploit and anti-ransomware protection (Premium only)
- Up to 4x faster scan speeds, including even quicker Hyper Scans
- Removed non-essential reboots after certain malware removal events
- Advanced heuristic engine (Shuriken) now enabled by default
- Self-protection now enabled by default (Premium only)
- Redesigned user interface for improved user experience
- Now configurable to integrate with Windows Action Center/Windows Security Center (Premium only)
- Update checks are done automatically so they don’t need to be scheduled
- Improved support for keyboard navigation and screen readers
• Stability/issues fixed:
- Fixed installer error that displayed 'External exception E06D7363'
- Fixed issue where updates would get stuck in 'Checking' state
- Fixed slow shutdown issue that could occur in Windows 7 with Malware Protection enabled
- Fixed conflict with Kaspersky that would not allow browsers to open properly
- Improved upgrade experience when installing over a previous version of the Malwarebytes anti-exploit technology