Malwarebytes Anti-Malware offers an impressive detection and cleaning technology and it’s a very popular product among internet users.
It usually comes to rescue when traditional antivirus software doesn’t detect or can’t clean heavily infected machines. It can efficiently remove trojans, spyware, adware and worms, but it can also handle worms and other malware types.
The free version comes with on-demand scanner only while the Premium version has realtime protection, scheduled scans, malicious website blocking and removable disks scanner.
This software has three scanning options: Threat Scan, Custom Scan and Hyper Scan, which checks for active infections only and quickly removes them. The last option is premium only.
Custom scan on the other hand is very useful for advanced users, and you can define which area on your system you want to be scanned: either a drive, system memory, registry, startup objects or rootkits.
It has context-menu integration in Windows, for a faster scan and it is updated on a daily basis. It has full compatibility with any other security software installed on your computer and supports all Windows versions starting with 2000, ending with Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Its powerful signatures engine is doubled by a recently enhanced advanced heuristic engine that boosts its detection capabilities.
What's New in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.0.6 :
• Performance/protective capability:
- Several improvements to malware detection and remediation capabilities
- Several performance improvements, including improving startup time, addressing memory leaks and reducing CPU usage after a scan has completed
- Added MS Publisher as a default Protected Application for anti-exploit protection
- Fixed issue where a previously activated Premium license could be dropped incorrectly
- Fixed issue where Malwarebytes version information would revert to default values of 3.0.0 in certain cases, such as when coming back from minimal safe mode
- Fixed issue where ‘Real-Time Protection turned off’ notifications would display incorrectly on initial startup
- Fixed problem where the "Check for updates every" setting would get stuck at 14 days after changing frequency to "Days"
- Fixed Help question marks throughout the main user interface so that they work when clicked
• Stability/issues fixed
- Addressed several crashes and blue screens, including the BSOD that could occur with Web Protection on Windows Insider Previews
- Fixed the issue with Exploit Protection that caused Edge to crash/hang on Windows Insider Previews
- Fixed issue when Exploit Protection was enabled that caused PowerPoint to not load
- Fixed conditions that could lead to an ‘Unable to connect to service’ error
- Fixed issue where exclusions did not work properly when there were associated threat traces detected
- Fixed issue where Web Protection would not start up properly
- Fixed numerous scan hangs or crashes, including one that could occur during heuristics phase
- Numerous other fixes to improve overall program stability and usability