Privatefirewall is a security program that filters your inbound and outbound connections to the internet, protecting your computer against attacks.
You can easily set it up or let it run with default settings if you’re an unexperienced user. There are four protection modules: the Firewall with ‚Internet security’ and ‚Network security’ protection, Applications monitor, Process monitor and Port tracking.
The application can create lists for trusted or blocked websitesIPs and set customized rules for every application trying to connect to the internet.
Privatefirewall will display an alert for any activity detected on your computer that regards the internet connection and lets you decide what to do: Allow it or Block it.
The process monitor is detailed and acts like a behaviour blocker in order to detect potential malware. You can set for any active process the activities you allow and activities you deny from: create another process, create remote threads, set hooks, manipulate services, physical memory operations, manipulate protected file objects, etc.
What's New in Privatefirewall 188.8.131.52 :
- Added support for Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit).
- Fixed Windows 8 Live Tiles issue.
- Added version query check confirmation.
- Updated drivers reviewed and tested by Microsoft Winqual.
- Fixed issue when multiple PFGUI.exe instances could be invoked by re-launching PF from Start menu (observed on XP, Vista and Win7).