Process Lasso is a system optimization tool that will increase your computer’s response time and dynamically allocate system resources for CPU and RAM.
Every CPU automatically switches from one task to another so fast as you may think it performs them simultaneously.
But this is not true and many times your processor may lag and give you problems.
ProBalance, an innovation from Process Lasso will automatically adjust each process priority class in order to prevent resource hogging.
The program lists the active processes and shows the name, user name, application name, ID, assigned rules, priority class, CPU affinity, I/O and memory priority, CPU level and average level, CPU time, restraint history, memory (private bytes and working set), number of threads allocated, handles, page faults and some other useful information.
There are many options available for each process. You can set the priority class, CPU affinity, I/O and memory priority, and application power profile, as well as limit the number of instances, enable it to keep running and to restart if terminated.
There are some other useful options like exclude a process from ProBalance optimization, mark an active program as game or media player process and keep the PC awake when specific programs are running.
This software is very configurable and suitable for both novice and advanced users, being very light on system resources used.
What's New in Process Lasso 9.0 :
- New Lasso Config Profile Support — we will build onto this!
- New Frequency of [ProBalance] Action Metric in a redesigned Insights module
- New Installer with improved auto-correction and language support
- Filter process view to list only the processes you are interested in
- Pause list and graph by pressing spacebar, or entering a filtered view
- Quick-terminate is back by menu item (or DEL key)
- Removed graph ‘map/legend’ Bitmap and replaced with drawn text for easier localization
- Important Improvements to ProBalance
- Better auto-detection of language in multi-user environments
- Deferred key activation for unattended/silent installs
- 20% reduction in installer size
- Approx 40% improvement in already negligible resource use (over 8.0)
- Better interoperability with security software (over v8.0)
- All the accumulated changes from v8.0 to v8.9.