Process Lasso is a system optimization tool that will increase your computer’s response time and dynamically allocate system resources for CPU and RAM.
Every CPU automatically switches from one task to another so fast as you may think it performs them simultaneously.
But this is not true and many times your processor may lag and give you problems.
ProBalance, an innovation from Process Lasso will automatically adjust each process priority class in order to prevent resource hogging.
The program lists the active processes and shows the name, user name, application name, ID, assigned rules, priority class, CPU affinity, I/O and memory priority, CPU level and average level, CPU time, restraint history, memory (private bytes and working set), number of threads allocated, handles, page faults and some other useful information.
There are many options available for each process. You can set the priority class, CPU affinity, I/O and memory priority, and application power profile, as well as limit the number of instances, enable it to keep running and to restart if terminated.
There are some other useful options like exclude a process from ProBalance optimization, mark an active program as game or media player process and keep the PC awake when specific programs are running.
This software is very configurable and suitable for both novice and advanced users, being very light on system resources used.
What's New in Process Lasso 8.9 :
- [Fix GUI] Fix possible (never seen) case where a series of events and particular logic path could cause the Keep Running state to inappropriately persist upon Lasso stop/start. #minor #internal-discovery
- [Fix Governor] Set ProBalance 'restored' log events pertaining to CPU affinity change reversion to match 'Log ProBalance Events when they end' setting state. #minor #user-report
- [Fix Governor] Fix case where when all logging disabled combined with CPU affinity changes on ProBalance restraint (a non-default config), certain cleanup operations were not being performed. #minor #internal-discovery
- [Addition GUI] Add retry on server connectivity checks
- [Addition GUI] Add new menu option 'Log Settings / Log ProBalance Events when they End'
- [Change GUI] Change INI key name 'LogOutOfControlProcessesRestrained' to 'LogProBalanceBegin'. Any existing setting will be migrated.
- [Change GUI] Change INI key name 'LogOutOfControlProcessesRestored2' to 'LogProBalanceEnd'. Any existing setting will be migrated.
- [Change GUI] Licensed Update Available Dialog - Remove deprecated 'Check license update eligibility' (or empty space seen in next-gen codes) and replace with Process Lasso logo
- [Change GUI] Reduce width of Licensed Update Available Dialog
- [Change GUI] Add safety for case of invalid Keep Awake timer duration
- [Change GUI] Change all links to new beta site to https://products.bitsum.com
- [Change GUI] Remove 'Server on Workstation' warning, as it should never occur
- [Change Update] Switch to direct SSL link (was a 301 redirect to SSL) to retrieve latest version info
- [Change Binaries] Set specific support for all Windows versions in the application manifests (Windows XP,Vista,8,8.1,10 and all corresponding Server editions)
- [Change Build] Upgrade to VS2012 Update 5
- [Change Localization] Updated French, Russian, Finnish