Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a free recovery tool for Windows.
Do you ever lost a file or accidentally delete it? Have you been hit by a sudden system crash or viruses and lost important files?
If your answer is ‚yes’, than you know what trouble causes such an issue. Recuva from Piriform is there to rescue the day. It comes with a simple interface and easy to use features.
You can specify a file name or parts of it, its former location, file type andor approximate size and when you last accessedmodified it. Enter as many criteria as you wish and your chances of recovering a lost file are bigger.
Recuva is able to restore lost Word documents when you forgot to save it or just the program crashed. You can get back your iPod or mp3 player music and even your deleted emails, as this software has support for Microsoft Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, or Windows Live Mail. Have you formatted a hard-disk and thought you may say ‚goodbye’ to those files? Many of them can still be recovered.
Within a minute you can basically find any file or you can use Deep Search if your file didn’t show up.
If by contrary, you want to protect your deleted files from ever been recovered, Recuva can securely delete every trace of them.
With full support for every modern Windows version and 37 languages, Recuva is one of the best free recovery utilities.
What's New in Recuva 1.51.1063 :
- Added Ext2 and Ext3 file system support
- Added recovery from volumes without GUID
- Improved SSD detection and support
- Improved Secure Overwrite on Windows XP
- Optimized FAT32 volume deep scan algorithm
- Improved partition detection on VHD images (Recuva Professional only)
- Improved Show drives options
- Minor GUI improvements
- Minor bug fixes
· DataRecovery: helps you to undelete accidentally deleted files, even from Recycle Bin.
· Undelete Plus: is a quick and effective way to retrieve accidentally deleted files.
· FreeUndelete: is a freeware data recovery program for deleted files.