Sandboxie is a next generation type of security software working in a special manner.
It is designed to run every program you want in a sandbox, meaning every change made is discarded right after you close that program.
In this way your computer is protected and no malware can infect it as every changes it may trigger are being undone immediately. Sandboxie creates a special place on your HDD, isolated and recreates there a special Windows environment.
You can browse the web, read your emails, download and even run suspicious attachements without any trouble, as you are protected. Of course, you should keep in mind that every change or file you save or modify during your Sandboxie session will be lost.
Even more, cookies and browsing history won’t leak into Windows, but stay inside sandbox, so it’s like you are browsing in incognito mode, but with added security and privacy.
You can succesfully protect yourself from trojans, backdoors, spyware or any other malware type and keep your PC clean and running smooth.
What's New in Sandboxie 5.16 :
- Fixed Windows 10 build 14942 "SBIE2205 Service not implemented: SetWindowLong8"
- Fixed Windows 10-64 build 14965 "SBIE1222 Error with security token: (C00000BB / 35)"
- Fixed Windows 10-32 build 14971 "SBIE1222 Error with security token: (C0000058 / 62)"
- Fixed incompatibility with latest Nvidia drivers & DirectX.
- guard64.dll added to templates.ini for Comodo.
- In Win 8.1-32, and 10-32, UAC was always checked and grayed in Run Any Program start.exe dialog box.
- Added OpenWinClass=SWFlash_PlaceHolderX to fix Flash failure to start on some videos.
- Fixed certificate revocation check error (http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23207&p=122464)
- Temporary files are no longer created with copy/paste (http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22970)
- SbieCtrl now gets Sandboxie updates via https.
- ActivIdentity (and other manufacturers') secure smart cards (CAC) are now supported (https://www.hidglobal.com/identity-management).
- Fixed BSOD that can occur if your license has expired and you are using MS Office ClickToRun.
- Added "Always on Top" option to SbieCtrl View menu. This will keep the SbieCtrl window as the top-most window.
- Fixed elevated installer failure introduced in 5.14.