Sandboxie is a next generation type of security software working in a special manner.
It is designed to run every program you want in a sandbox, meaning every change made is discarded right after you close that program.
In this way your computer is protected and no malware can infect it as every changes it may trigger are being undone immediately. Sandboxie creates a special place on your HDD, isolated and recreates there a special Windows environment.
You can browse the web, read your emails, download and even run suspicious attachements without any trouble, as you are protected. Of course, you should keep in mind that every change or file you save or modify during your Sandboxie session will be lost.
Even more, cookies and browsing history won’t leak into Windows, but stay inside sandbox, so it’s like you are browsing in incognito mode, but with added security and privacy.
You can succesfully protect yourself from trojans, backdoors, spyware or any other malware type and keep your PC clean and running smooth.
What's New in Sandboxie 5.18 :
- Windows Creators Update is now supported.
- Firefox multi-process (Electrolysis) is now supported in Win 7 and later.
- Fixed problem with clicking Office hyperlinks failing to start forced IE.
- TLS error when loading google sites in IE has been fixed.
- Fixed crash when starting IE while using Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UEV).
- Added support for Opera Neon.
- Fixed template for Roboform.
- Fixed Chrome 56 lingering child process.