Windows Firewall Control extends the default firewall included with every Windows version. It can be integrated into Windows Shell and simplifies every operation you have made in Windows Firewall.
Windows Firewall Control provides four filtering presets from „No filtering” to „High filtering” and runs quietly runs in system tray.
It can be protected with a password denying any unauthorized uninstallation and it automatically deletes every automatically added ruls outside Windows Firewall Control. It has quick access to customizable firewall rules directly from the Windows Firewall Control interface, with option to set local and remote ports, or even delete them right away.
You have multiple ways to create, edit and delete firewall rules and also to view recently blocked connections and create new rules from the logs: inbound and outbound.
It is a must-have application for those that stick with Windows Firewall and want to obtain more from this software. Network administrators will love it also because of its options and low impact on system resources.
What's New in Windows Firewall Control 4.9 :
- Updated: WFC recommended rules contain now the required rules for PING command for ICMPv4 and ICMPv6. Also, the recommended rule for WFC updater contains now the port 443 since the website uses now HTTPS instead of HTTP.
- Updated: The disabled rules in Rules Panel and the entries in Connections Log use now system colors instead of hard coded colors. This improves readability when a high contrast theme is used.
- Fixed: Inbound connections have local port and remote port swapped in Connections Log data grid.
- Fixed: When choosing 'Customize and create' in Connections Log an inbound connection, the local port and IP should be swapped with the remote port and IP in order to create a working rule.
- Fixed: Blank window with no message is displayed when trying to install an older version over an existing newer version.
Very possibly it is a nifty little program, however, why did
you NOT mention that it not compatible with Windows XP
- Posted by:
27 Sep 2011
Very usefull program, I use it since version 2.0 and I must say it is a very good program, and the support is outstanding.
- Posted by:
20 Sep 2011