Wipe – This program is a privacy tool meant to cleand and remove traces of personal activity on your PC and also to get rid of junk files, freeing up disk space.
You will be able to delete browser history and cache, index.dat files, registry, internet cookies files, autocomplete-history, temporary internet files, clipboard, etc.
It can remove tracks from more than 100 programs (FileZilla, Flash, QuickTime, etc) and makes those files unrecoverable, thanks to advanced security methods: DoD 5220.22-M method, Gutmann method ( full 35 steps ), Russian GOST and other (feature available in the PRO version only).
A feature some may fiind useful is „screen lock”, which will instantly replace your desktop with an image when you press a hotkey. In this way, no one will know what you were doing at that moment.
For every program it cleans, you have the option to view total number of files and occupied space and you can also access some of them.
Not in the end you can delete game statistics, manually typed addresses, the HTML help log, recovery cache, DOM storage, system restore files, saved logins and passwords.
What's New in Wipe 2014.12:
- Added support for browser Chrome 38 (future version).
- Added support for browser Opera 25 (future version).
- Added support for browser FireFox 33 (future version).
- Added support for Avant browser 12 (Based on IE engine, thus not too many cleaning options. You should clean IE if you wish to remove garbage in Avant browser).
- Added support for Slim browser 7 (Based on IE engine, thus not too many cleaning options. You should clean IE if you wish to remove garbage in Slim browser).
- Improved detection of WordPad for Windows 8.
- Added support for browser Netscape Navigator 9.
- Small visual changes in installation procedure.
- Date of release: 8 September 2014.