X-Pass let users to reveal ANY Windows password field (usually marked with asterisks).
It is very simply to use: run X-Pass and start to drag from the 'X' icon. The mouse cursor shape will change and until the mouse button is released user can see the content of edit fields, including ones with password.
Technical Information :
· XPass should now work in all Windows. Tested on Windows 2000, Windows 9x and Windows XP.
· Also, XPass now can read passwords from Internet Explorer v5.x+ window.
What's New in X-Pass 2.2 :
· new dialog
· Internet Explorer frames are not longer problem
· Password Spectator: allows to see the actual password behind the asterisks.
· LastPass: is a password manager that makes web browsing easier and more secure.
Nice piece of software.
There viruses like Gen Generic or Suspicious, are detected because its reading screensystem resources the way the keyloggers do - revealing passwords and copying them from one part of mem to another.
These pseudo-viruses appear also in byte-patches and game trainers because they address memory direct way, like many viruses.
To be more safe, you can block it in your firewall.
- Rating: 4
- Posted by: PCXT
- Date: 2 Oct 2011
I love this program, but Norman Malware Cleaner found a problem: XPass22binxpass.exe Infected with W32Suspicious_Gen2.ABJQE
- Rating: 5
- Posted by: Marc A.
- Date: 16 Feb 2011
Spyware Doctor found an Adware.gen from this file.
- Rating: 1
- Posted by: Max A
- Date: 28 Jan 2010