xp-AntiSpy is a little utility designed to tweak and optimize your Windows installation.
There are basically 6 categories full of options to be used by any user: MediaPlayer Functions, Miscellaneous Settings, Network, Internet Explorer, Services, Tweaks.
They basically add an additional layer of protection to your system and allow you to disable autorun function, to enable fast shutdown, to deactivate scripting host and to show all file extensions by default or clean the history of recently used applications.
Network zone of settings let you hide your computer name on the network and disable network crawling, while settings for Media Player and Internet Explorer helps you make them more secure and less data leaking software.
There are many useless services that load at startup and lag your Windows performance. You can safely disable them from here.
Each option comes with some quick informations at the bottom of the XP-Antispy’s window to help you take the best decision.
If you are an unexperienced user, you are advised to use the ‘suggested’ profile of this program and not to disable too many things before asking some professional persons.
This utility is DONATIONWARE! This means, you don't have to pay anything for this program and you can give it to anyone who's interested in it, as long as you don't sell it. If you find this tool useful, and wanna gimme something back, think about donating a small amount of money.
What's New in xp-AntiSpy 3.98 :
· Reworked setting Hide shortcut arrow because it was not always working on 64bit systems.
· Removed setting Deny access to 16-Bit-Applications from Suggested profile
· Fixed several errors occurring on 64bit systems
· Added Feature: The menu Profiles now contains the entry Check profile at logon. If there’s a check mark in front of, the xp-AntiSpy will check the current selected profile everytime you logon to your system. If a setting does not conform to that profile you will be presented a dialog window, asking to reapply the profile.
· Added feature: Due to the amount of settings in the xp-AntiSpy it get’s complicated if you look for a special one. So I added a search field which can be enabled by selecting the menu Special>Show search field. Once you enter a search term it will be searched in all setting names and the according info text for that setting. Then only the matching settings will be presented to you in the overview. To reset the search, just press the escape key.
personally I'm a little wary of this app coz there doesn't appear to be a definive list of what it does.
- Posted by:
19 Aug 2005
Only been using XP for a few months. I found this utility highly usefull.
I for one am tired of Micro-spy and their auto everything on.
- Posted by:
10 Aug 2005
Does it deal with Dr. Watson (dw.exe) and the Error Reporting Service. This is causing issues for Office users all over the Internet. It is also "bundled" with Microsoft Money. Go to microsoft.office.word.application.errorss or similar newsgroup for more information.
- Posted by:
18 Apr 2005