Last update: 4 Oct 2017 | License: Freeware | Size: 7.86MB | Downloads: 15695
AdwCleaner – toolbars and adwares are not the most dangerous malware type, but very often they are the most annoying.
|This little utility searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP). A big advantage is the program doesn’t need any installation, being portable and can be run from any removable device.
Most of the time you install free or even commercial software, they come bundled with all sort of toolbars, adware and junk software you don’t need. Unless you choose ‚custom installation’, they are automatically deployed into your computer.
The scan results are differentiated into tabs in several categories of detections: files, registry, services, browsers, etc.
AdwCleaner will automatically close running processes for browsers and then restart the computer to safely delete all infections it found.
What's New in AdwCleaner 7.0 :
- Initial work to choose between release|beta update tracks
- Fix UK translation
- Open the scan logfile on background, keep AdwCleaner main UI on foreground
- Handle errors in a more robust way
- Improve the way updates are checked
- Add several Heuristics (chip-installer and others)
- Update MyWebSearch and Crossrider detections
- Improve Heuristics scanning time
- Update to libsodiun 1.0.13
- Database 2017-08-29.2
- Reduce the size by ~60 KB
- Fix Heuristics FPs
- Fix Crashs
- Fix potential issue during files and folders clean
- Improve detections of malicious DNS
- Browsers logging (scan)
- Chrome files detections
Printed from: http://www.ScanWith.com/download/ AdwCleaner.htm